Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Dumb Relationship Questions: What was your Ex like?


I remember one time I was on a date with this guy. We liked each other and had been chatting for some time before we decided we should meet. Fast forward to date night. Conversation started. It seemed to be going well. We were talking about ourselves and then yours truly asked "what was your Ex like?". I said "He was human. He wasn't alien or extraterrestrial or that kinda stuff". He laughed and said he was being serious. I told him I was being serious too. Then he asked the question again and I was like "Would you like his name, address and phone number, or better yet, his Résumé?". Dude thought I was joking. What seemed to be an evening that was going ok suddenly felt like bitter leaf taste in my mouth.

According to Wikipedia, "an Ex is someone with whom a person was once associated with, in a relationship, marriage, or once talked to. When used alone, Ex as a noun is assumed to refer to a former sexual or romantic partner, especially a former spouse. This often has a derogatory tinge especially if it refers to unrequited feelings".

Key word - "former". Don't get me wrong. It ain't like I hate my Ex. Far from it. I just think a current flame asking about the Ex is totally dumb. Even if you're currently friends with your Ex, that's not something you and this new guy/girl should be conversing about.

When you're getting to know someone, all questions about the Ex should be avoided. Its a conversation killer. Yeah, he/she might not show offence to the question but its a possibility you could be saying bye bye to another date with that person.

Let the other person be the one to share anything about their Ex. Whether or not they hate their Ex, have good/bad memories with their Ex, etc its their business to share when they wanna. You could be reopening healed wounds or triggering a bad memory or ruining a potentially good relationship all together.

Imagine asking her a question like this and she says "Oh!, he had the thickest and longest cock" or he says "Damn!, she had the physique of a goddess". Of course, who big cock and figure 8 epp?. LOL!...

Ladies and Gents, stick to the relevant questions and avoid the dumb questions.

Till next time on the Dumb Relationship Questions series!, 💋 ✌


No comments:

Post a Comment