Saturday, July 02, 2016

I took over my late wife’s drug trafficking business – Evangelist


A 52-year-old Nigerian evangelist based in South Africa, John Arinze, has been arrested by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, for allegedly attempting to export N1.4bn worth of narcotics to South Africa.

Arinze who hails from Ara village, Nise in Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State, reportedly concealed the drugs made of 92kgs methamphetamine and 73kgs ephedrine, inside two containers of foodstuff meant for export to South Africa at the Apapa Seaport in Lagos State.

Confessing to the crime, the suspect reportedly told operatives in his statement that he made a big mistake by taking over the business of his late wife, who was into drug trafficking.

“I am an evangelist living in Durban South Africa. My late wife was into drug trafficking before she died few years ago. I made a mistake venturing into her business. It is my fault,” he was quoted as saying.

The suspect would soon be charged to court


No comments:

Post a Comment